Swordfish XIII ended on Sunday, November 4th.
Tons of gratitude to all the people that took part in any way to the competitions, the staffing and/or the organisation: all of you made it possible! Thank you! *hugs* 😀
Let’s conclude with the list of medalists:
Rapier & Dagger
1. Alexey Perkov – Tramazzone (Russia)
2. Sergey Kultaev – Freifechtergilde (Russia)
3. Aleksander Dynarek – Mordschlag Lódz (Poland)
1. Elena Muzurina – Tramazzone (Russia)
2. Izabele Aparecida Saorin – Zwaard & Steen (Netherlands)
3. Michela D’Orlando – Ordine delle Lame Scaligere (Italy)
1. Dmitry Gibadullin – UKRF (Russia)
2. Konrad Kramarz – Mordschlag Lódz (Poland)
3. Antoni Olbrychski – Akademia Szermierzy (Poland)
Sword & Buckler
1. Mikhail Bakir – FFC Paladin (Russia)
2. Kristofer Stanson – Stockholm HEMA (Sweden)
3. Håvard Lund Eidheim – FKFD (Norway)
1. Sergey Kultaev – Freifechtergilde (Russia)
2. Antoni Olbrychski – Akademia Szermierzy (Poland)
3. Matthys Kool – HVN (Netherlands)
Wrestling: Middle weight
1. Ties Kool, HVN (Netherlands)
2. Joris Jacobs, Sumus Soldani (Belgium)
3. Dmitri Gibadullin UKRF, (Russia)
Wrestling: Heavy Weight:
1. Staffan Sannemalm Örebro HEMA (Sweden)
2. Linus Eriksson, UHFS, (Sweden)
3. Nikolai Vincent Vaags, FKFS, (Norway)
1. Kristian Ruokonen, EHMS (Finland)
2. Ties Kool, HVN (Netherlands)
3. Aaron Karnuta, Denver Historical Fencing Academy (USA)
Rapier & Dagger: Francesco Loda, Accademia Romana d’Armi (Italy)
Women’s longsword: Elena Muzurina, Tramazzone (Russia)
Sabre: Pedro San Miguel, Schola Gladiatoria (UK)
Sword & Buckler: Mattias Andersson, Gävle HEMA (Sweden)
Open Longsword: Thomas Nyzell, Uppsala Historiska Fäktskola (Sweden)
Wrestling: Joris Jacobs, Sumus Soldani (Belgium)
The finals for Swordfish 2018 will start soon! You can watch them live via the youtube link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ety0tmiK2D0
The pools for Saturday’s Open Longsword are out! Find them here. Good luck and happy fencing! 🙂
If you did not get your spot in the tournament you can sign up for the waiting list. Send an email to email@example.com or use the contact form on the webpage. Specify what tournament you are interested in.
You can be in max two tournament waiting lists.
GENERAL REGISTRATION STARTS AT 18:00 CEST
Registration is now open!
Please note: There are two payment options. If you live in a region of the world where paypal isn’t an option choose the “Not paypal” option and we will give you the details.
Equipment requirements are now posted.
Note the biggest change is that Swedish Hema Federation has implemented a requirement for a minimum 350 newton certified equipment. So look extra carefully at your fencing gear so that they comply with this. Read the document linked above.
Swordfish is upon us again!
Registration will open June 29th. Also we will again use HEMA Ratings to decide the top 100 ranked fencers in each category.
HOWEVER! There is a twist. This time we will take into account the whole period since last Swordfish. For example if we look at Mixed Longsword and that period of time, people have been jumping in and out of the top 100 position.
Now if we just take the current top 100 list as it stands today it is only a snapshot of how it is today. But that might not be seen as fair.
So instead we look at the 100 highest ranked fencers since last Swordfish. They have been in fact competing for the spot 1-80.
So we hope this will be more representative of the best fencers in HEMA.
The lists are published at https://swordfish.ghfs.se
As per usual Wrestling and Women’s Longsword don’t have a cap so the top 100 rule doesn’t apply.
Then two weeks after the first registration round we will open up registration for everyone else (Friday JULY 13th).
The event starts 2’nd of November and we will have fights, workshops, sauna and a whole bunch of fun until the 4th.
If you have any questions you can ask us via the Swordfish – Celebrating European Martial Arts facebook page or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope we will see you in Gothenburg in November!
/Petri & Swordfish Crew
PS: The web server should be much more stable this year.